10/20/2013 10:59pmIn a story Oct. 19 about the discovery of a rare oarfish on a Southern California beach, The Associated Press erroneously reported the name of the oceanographic institution contacted by Oceanside police. The organization is Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California, San Diego, not The Scripps Research Institute.
Browse by Day Archive
- Parent punches student in the stomach in a school hallway, then just walks away
- Judge orders life sentences in kidnapping of mom, 4 daughters
- Search suspended for missing daughter of one of Utah's 'Piano Guys'
- Bountiful family asks for help finding stolen camping trailer
- Plane nosedives, explodes in fiery crash killing all passengers
- Great Clips of the Week: former BYU staff calls successful fake field goal at Virginia
- 3 tips for great hunting etiquette
- Mom holds separated twin for first time
- Polls are 'phony,' Trump insists; 'we are winning'
- Trump bests Clinton in two-way race in Utah, poll shows