10/20/2013 10:59pmIn a story Oct. 19 about the discovery of a rare oarfish on a Southern California beach, The Associated Press erroneously reported the name of the oceanographic institution contacted by Oceanside police. The organization is Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California, San Diego, not The Scripps Research Institute.
Browse by Day Archive
- Utah family turns grief into purpose by opening ranch to help young girls
- 'Pharma Bro' defies advice to keep quiet before fraud trial
- Court partly reinstates Trump travel ban; fall arguments set
- Man catches teen falling from park ride: 'It's OK to let go'
- 13-year-old rolls truck aunt asked him drive, UHP says
- Crews make progress on Brian Head Fire as eyes shift to Monday's weather
- Charge: Kaysville man offered to attend church if teen exposed herself
- Philando Castile family reaches $3M settlement in death
- Jazz get assists from Baylor, Stockton for latest draft picks
- Texas man arrested in Summit County following search