10/20/2013 10:59pmIn a story Oct. 19 about the discovery of a rare oarfish on a Southern California beach, The Associated Press erroneously reported the name of the oceanographic institution contacted by Oceanside police. The organization is Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California, San Diego, not The Scripps Research Institute.
Browse by Day Archive
- Police: Woman killed in Am. Fork had filed for protective order against gunman
- Amazon opens a grocery store with no checkout line
- Suicidal student had planned stabbing spree, affidavit says
- Erosion causes iconic Bryce Canyon hoodoo to crumble
- Do you really love your spouse?
- Make Your Week: Woman loses Christmas budget check, Harmons employee finds it
- Police: 2 dead after man shoots woman, then killed while fleeing
- Former U. football player's triplet son dies after battle with brain cancer
- Man gets 12 years in drug conspiracy, money laundering case
- Death toll climbs to 36 in Oakland warehouse fire