10/20/2013 10:59pmIn a story Oct. 19 about the discovery of a rare oarfish on a Southern California beach, The Associated Press erroneously reported the name of the oceanographic institution contacted by Oceanside police. The organization is Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California, San Diego, not The Scripps Research Institute.
Browse by Day Archive
- Kearns woman recounts bizarre kidnapping incident
- Layton woman warns of fireworks danger after nearly losing an eye
- Man missing under 'very suspicious' circumstances in southern Utah, police say
- LIVE: Utah primary election results
- 71% of Americans believe economy is 'rigged'
- Netflix adding 95 titles, dropping 55 in July
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of victory over Jonathan Johnson 'stunning'
- 2 airlifted for 'significant' burns, 3 houseboats destroyed in Lake Powell fire
- Largest landslide in the world rocked ancient Utah, researchers say
- Woman who hit Layton High teen in crosswalk sentenced to home confinement