10/20/2013 10:59pmIn a story Oct. 19 about the discovery of a rare oarfish on a Southern California beach, The Associated Press erroneously reported the name of the oceanographic institution contacted by Oceanside police. The organization is Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California, San Diego, not The Scripps Research Institute.
Browse by Day Archive
- Longboarder shot, killed in road rage incident, police say
- Deputies: Mom threatens principal over kid's bad behavior
- NBA player Bryce Dejean-Jones fatally shot
- Company recalls spill-proof cups due to risk of mold
- How to stop superbugs from killing 10 million people a year
- UTA employee Kay Ricks remembered as 'endlessly forgiving'
- Get returned stolen cars inspected for meth, police warn
- Utah school district takes stand against White House bathroom directive
- Police: Woman died on zipline after falling tree branch hit her
- Have You Seen This? Not your toddler's finger puppet