01/18/2014 1:05pmJoequetta Lewis got to hold her newborn son for 53 days. "And then the next day," she said, "he was gone." Rayshawn Lewis-Smith was one of five babies known to have died within 11 months of undergoing heart surgery at Kentucky Children's Hospital in Lexington -- surgeries that, nationally, babies usually survive.
Browse by Day Archive
- Trump takes charge, signs 1st executive order as assertive but untested 45th US president
- Tooele coach resigns amid 'inappropriate communication' investigation
- Park City man saves for 11 years to buy, customize Lamborghini
- Hatch serves as designated survivor at Trump's inauguration
- 3-week-old giraffe at Hogle Zoo dies
- Highland teen to DJ the presidential inaugural ball
- What parents should know about 'Split'
- Driver in violent, fatal crash on State Street charged with murder
- Man presumed drowned after boat found in Daggett County marina
- Canadians plead guilty to violations at parks across US West