01/18/2014 1:05pmJoequetta Lewis got to hold her newborn son for 53 days. "And then the next day," she said, "he was gone." Rayshawn Lewis-Smith was one of five babies known to have died within 11 months of undergoing heart surgery at Kentucky Children's Hospital in Lexington -- surgeries that, nationally, babies usually survive.
Browse by Day Archive
- Large wildfire raging on Antelope Island
- 8-year-old American Fork girl's death linked to E. coli infection
- 15-year-old girl killed, woman critically injured by lightning strike at Flaming Gorge
- Settlement reached in case against embattled former trooper Lisa Steed
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in fast-moving Weber County fire
- Mysterious green foam appears in Bluffdale drain
- Brother, sister hugged each other as they were gunned down, charges say
- Bountiful Handcart Days Parade brings thousands together
- Utah fireworks restrictions for Pioneer Day
- Poll: Which is Utah's best local ice cream?