09/27/2013 8:28pmWhen U.S. Army Sgt. Brian Wood returned from Afghanistan, he was honored with an amazing surprise — Habitat for Humanity had offered to help his family build their first house. But things quickly got ugly when neighbors started a petition to stop the construction because they feared it would not fit in with the rest of the community.
Browse by Day Archive
- Woman stops car thief: 'I'm not dealing with this sort of crap today!'
- 1 dead, 1 injured in motorcycle crash near Fillmore
- Judge won't drop murder charge for 2 teens accused in officer's death
- Authorities warn travelers to look out for credit card skimmers
- Scientist discovers snakes that hunt in packs
- Washington Post: Kushner proposed secret communication channel with Kremlin
- Teen pleads guilty to shooting compliant clerk in robbery
- 'I lost my mind,' says teen charged with murdering ranch counselor
- State refuses to pay Swallow's $1.5M legal bill
- Good water year spells challenges, fun for reservoir managers