News  /  U.S.  / 

9 sent to hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Provo homes

By The Associated Press  |  Posted Jan 12th, 2015 @ 8:30am


0

 

PROVO, Utah (AP) — Authorities say nine people were taken to the hospital over the weekend after a carbon monoxide leak in a Provo fourplex.

Provo fire officials were called to The Boulders at about 2:30 p.m. Sunday when people in the apartments complained of headaches.

The Daily Herald reports (http://bit.ly/14pGkLY ) six victims were residents, while three were people who were visiting.

Provo Deputy Fire Chief Tom Augustus tells the newspaper that two people had such high carbon monoxide levels in their blood that they would probably need to go into a hyperbaric chamber.

Augustus says gas company Questar came to the scene and was trying to determine the cause of the leak.

___

Information from: The Daily Herald, http://www.heraldextra.com

Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

0 Pending
0
Comments
Sorry, we are not accepting new comments on this story, but if you have more to contribute please email newstip@ksl.com
    Showing of 0 comments